W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > February 2002

ALL HANDS - agenda/logistics - Telecon Feb 21

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:13:22 -0500
Message-Id: <p05101401b898be837718@[10.0.1.2]>
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Please note new subjects/change of agenda - please try to attend if 
at all possible. Also, please pay attention to lines starting with ***
---------------------


WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
Feb 21, 2001

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London

Duration: 90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION

To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.

*** NOTE: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.openproject.net
#webont

*** NOTE: please try to join the chat -- it is quite useful

Scribe: volunteer needed
*** Scribe -- most important thing is to record resolutions and action items

1) Join call/attendance/admin (10 min; Hendler)

    - Update on f2f in A'dam (van Harmelen)
    - Update on f2f in SF (McGuinness, Dale)
    - Dates for Oct f2f (Schreiber)

2) Action item review (10 min; Hendler)

Actions Jan 31:

  ACTION: Finin to complete use case on ubiq. comp (Due ASAP)
  ACTION: Buswell to complete design Use case (Due ASAP)
  ACTION - Obrst to help find ontology partitioning - review and refine
req
(Due ASAP)
  ACTION - Pat Hayes to send Jeff a couple of sentences on referring to
vs.
commiting to ontologies (Due ASAP)
  ACTION: Tim Finin to send Jeff a paointer to the FIPA langauge req.
document (due ASAP)
  ACTION: Use Case group will have one more week to get a draft to group
as a
strawman.
  ACTION - have unwritten parts in the D+O vs OWL document done as soon
as
possible (Mike, Dan, Ian) -- follow on ACTION - Mike D. to document what
OWL
reqs not covered by D+O, and what D+O features currently not used in
addressing our reqs -  Due: Feb 7
  ACTION Jim/Guus will send to mailing list a proposed list of
documents/outputs expected of the working group (tied to calendar if
possible) and ask people to express interests in particular w/respect to
those issues - Due: Feb 14

3) Requirements Document (30 min. Heflin, Dale, Volz)
*** last chance to raise issues on current version
   Proposed resolution that we should have a reqs. document and 
release as a working draft (we have never officially decided this)
   Discussion of document - update on status, steps to complete
   Actions to complete document

4) DAML+OIL comparison w/Requirements (15 min, Dean)
  Report on email from Dean
  How to follow up discussion (Hendler)

5) Implementations (20 min; Connolly)
  WG are expected to produce implementations as well as document.
  Chairs want this activity to get started - Dan C. to discuss, solicit
   volunteers.

*** discussion postponed - Layering, Future Document List.


-- 
Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Received on Tuesday, 19 February 2002 22:13:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:47 GMT