Re: How to close issue 5.13 - internet media type for OWL

From: Mike Dean <mdean@bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:36:00 -0800
To: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
cc: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

> note: this assumes we want this to be an arbitrary string.
> Alternatively, we could make it have some logic attached and say it
> has to be
>    owl:oneOf (Lite DL Full)

I think it's important to enumerate the values in
machine-readable form, using instances (preferably) or XML
Schema.  I don't think the set of values needs to be closed
(i.e. we can use an allValuesFrom Restriction instead of a
oneOf).

I do prefer the alternative approach of subclassing
owl:Ontology [1], in part because it requires less language
vocabulary (3 subclasses vs. 3 instances, 1 Class, 1
property, and 1 Restriction).

	Mike

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0147.html