datatypes part 3

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:54:49 +0000
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org

Peter wrote: [1]
[[
3/ OWL will include all XML Schema built-in non-list simple types, using
the canonical URI reference for them.
]]

Jeremy wrote: [2]
[[
Exclude xsd:QName, xsd:ENTITY, xsd:NOTATION
]]

Also exclude xsd:duration, because it has no well defined canonical form,
and equality is not well-defined.

Caution would suggest excluding xsd:ID and xsd:IDREF since they seem to be
about xml validation rather than lexical to value mappings.

If we include xsd:float, xsd:double and xsd:anyURI we should be aware of
issues to do with equality that are unresolved. [3]

Jeremy

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0265.html
[2]