Re: SEM: No dark triples

At 7:56 PM +0200 8/29/02, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>At the telecon I heard Pat say that we don't need dark triples.
>Since RDF Core currently has a request from WebOnt to provide dark triples,
>and that this will delay their work, I propose that we action the chair to
>cancel the request.
>
>Jeremy

Jeremy-
  I will go on public record with a message I sent to the Members Only
CG a while ago (Brian McBride sent a pointer along to RDF Core as
well) - I wrote on Aug 19 at [1]

>At the CG meeting today I took an action to track issues of Dark
>Triples and report back to the CG - this document, sent by Pat Hayes
>to WOWG today, shows that this is still very much TBD - in
>particular, Pat includes a section called darkening, but currently
>the whole section basically says that it depends on some decisions to
>be made in the future.
>   I think that the action of "wait and see" is probably best at the
>moment (another way to put it - until Webont is further along, I do
>not think RDF Core has to worry about prioritizing this work)
>   -JH

Given Pat's latest document, I think we are closer to resolving the
issue without dark triples, but I'd prefer to let things stand as
above until we record a decision to use Pat's approach to the MT
w/respect to layering (or decide not to)
  -JH

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-semweb-cg/2002Aug/0020.html