Re: summary of current position with respect to semantics proposals (was Re: WOWG: agenda Aug 15 telecon)

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:41:36 +0200
To: "Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, "Peter F. "Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>, www-webont-wg@w3.org

[corrected reply]

[...]

> > Folks should keep in mind that while entailment 1 doesn't work,
>
> indeed
>
> > this analog does:
> >
> >       John in the intersection of Student and Employee
> >       C is the intersection of Employee and Student
> >       entails
> >       John is in C.
>
> OK, we have tested that
>   http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/intersectionOfP
> OWL-entails
>   http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/intersectionOfC
>
> > and this analog is what you acutally need to deal with the
> > case where one ontology gives the intersection in one
> > order and the other does it the other way.
>
> true

I've actually redone above testcase to better reflect
that particular aspect of more than one ontology (*)

  http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/intersectionOfP
  http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/intersectionOfX
OWL-entails
  http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/intersectionOfC

using a resolution based algorithm we have
found the proof of that as part of the proof
  http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/etc5-proof.n3
(actually at the end of that file)

-- ,

(*) we should also put the .rdf files at
      http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/
    but cwm is producing daml lists