Re: ACTION: task force unasserted triples

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 10:44, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> OK, herein is included a completely worked out example,

it covers the bits that RDF Core needs, yes...
I'm still curious about some WebOnt-level stuff...

[...]
> One way to do this is to put WebOnt language triples into separate
> documents, with a different extension.

Er... and that's a solution that's acceptable to this WG?

Hmm... as a user, I don't think I would find it acceptable.
But putting that aside...

If this is the proposed solution, this can already
be done with RDF core specs as written, no? What are we
asking RDF Core to do/add/change?

Also...

>  Such a file might look like
>
> File foo.ont
>
> <xml ...>
> <rdf:rdf xmlns:fowl="...">
> <fowl:PrimitiveClass fowl:name="Student" />
> <fowl:PrimitiveClass fowl:name="Employee" />
> <fowl:DefinedClass fowl:name="Student-and-Employee">
>  <fowl:super rdf:resource="Student" />
>  <fowl:super rdf:resource="Employee" />
> </fowl:DefinedClass>
> </rdf:rdf>
>
> Then information about base objects would be in .rdf files
>
> File foo.rdf
>
> <xml ...>
> <rdf:rdf ...>
> <Person rdf:about="John" />
> <Student rdf:about="John" />
> </rdf:rdf>

So in this case, how does WebOnt-entialment work? How do we come
to the relevant conclusion?