Re: ACTION: task force unasserted triples

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:05:32 -0500
To: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org
>PROPOSED ACTION: for the "dark triple task force" (Jeremy Carroll,
>Jonathan Borden, Jos de Roo, Massimo Marchiori, Pat Hayes, Peter
>Patel-Schneider)
>
>Yesterday at the telecon of the Semantic Web Coordination Group the
>status of the "unasserted/dark triples" request to RDF Core was
>discussed. The CG felt that a  clarification of this request is needed,
>in particular:
>
>1. Rationale for the request, including at least one understandable
>example which motivates the request.
>
>2. How do "unasserted triples" solve this problem?
>
>3. What do we lose (if anything) when adopting unasserted triples?
>(See, e.g., Problems with dark triples approach, Jeremy Carroll Wed, Apr
>17 2002
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Apr/0132.html)
>
>The SW CG asks the Webont task force to come up with such a description
>by Monday May 6. Please indicate whether you accept this action and
>whether it is feasible to do this within the stated time frame..

Im not sure who, if anyone, can speak for the DTTF, but speaking for
myself I will try to write something up outlining my own view by the
end of this week. I will then be off email for a few days, back on
Monday.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes