RE: What shall we call the web ontology language??

I prefer XOL to any other name I have seen so far. Moreover, I'm not
convinced that this choice is completely ruled out by its former
use. XOL was a proposal for an "XML-based Ontology Interchange
Language" from P. D. Karp, V. K. Chaudhri and J. Thomere which was
really just an XML serialisation of the OKBC-lite knowledge model. As
far as I am aware it is only described in an early draft, and although
this influenced the work on OIL, XOL itself was never fully developed.

Bearing this in mind, wouldn't it be possible to "recycle" XOL? After
all, unless we start taking recycling seriously, the worlds supply of
TLAs will soon be exhausted (in fact it probably is already).

Regards, Ian