RE: Relationship between scopes and version histories

Hi,

>> If a server that doesn't support Delta-V recieves a client query
>> that specifies <d:include-versions/> it SHOULD honor the request
>> as if <d:include-versions/> wasn't specified.

I agree, in this case the server includes all the version, it knows about
(the latest).

Another point:
Assume we have a version controlled resource, a.xml in the scope /mycoll,
version resources of a.xml exist, <d:include-versions/> wasn't specified.

If we say:
  If a resource in scope has versions, the server SHOULD take care of
  versions as well.

the user might assume, that the version resources of a.xml are taken into
account. However, AFAIK nowhere is defined, where the VRs are stored, it may
be in /mycoll/history/a_xyz.xml or in /history/mycoll/a_xyz.xml for example.

So does this mean:
 - the behavior is implementation dependend or
 - the server should implicitly expand the scope to /history/mycoll
   (which it has to do if <d:include-versions/> was specified).
??

Regards,
Martin