Proposed resolution for issue "JW5"

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:34:20 +0100
To: <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>

ejw@ics.uci.edu 1999-04-26
On the topic of partial search results, DASL currently has no way for a
client to request the next chunk of a set of search results. Since *every*
search service I've interacted with on the Internet has a feature for
returning the next set of search results, I really would expect this feature
to be in DASL. An explanation for why this feature isn't present should be
in the protocol specification if it is not going to be supported.

Martin.Wallmer@softwareag.com 2002-03-08
of course this issue is legitim. However, as basicsearch should be as simple
as possible, I tend to say out of scope as well. But perhaps this could be
an optional feature (is it that, what you mean by extension to
DAV:basicsearch)?

julian.reschke@greenbytes.de 2002-03-08
Moved into DAV:basicsearch section, because this is a request for a specific
query grammar feature.

Proposed resolution:

Close the issue -- based on the lack of feedback, I conclude there's not
enough interest to justify adding any complexity (for now).

Julian

[1]
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html#rf
c.issue.JW5>