Re: Like and Case Sensitivity

At 03:32 PM 1/28/00 -0800, Kevin Wiggen wrote:

>The first question which usually is asked is how to make a LIKE Case
>Insensitive.  I looked at the spec and found
>
><!ELEMENT like (prop, literal)>
>
>Why is the casesensitive attribute not present?  Is like always case
>insensitive (what most people would want I guess), or is it simply missing?

it's missing.  It's probably an oversight.  There is no reason not to allow it.

Note that the default for all other casesensitive attributes is 1.

1) should the default for like be the same as the usual default?

2) should we change the usual default from 1 to 0?  (that is, comparisons
are case insensitive unless explicitly stated otherwise?)