RE: W3C XQL workshop

From: LeVan,Ralph <levan@oclc.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:03:13 -0500
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org
I'll be attending.

I've been lurking on this list for a while now.  DASL is very close to
Z39.50 in architecture (ignoring the stateful sessions, binary encodings and
transmission over raw tcp/ip features of Z39.50).  This makes DASL the best
candidate for text searching, as far as Library requirements are concerned
and I'll be pushing for DASL at the meeting.

Ralph

Ralph LeVan
Research Scientist
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.
http://www.oclc.org/~levan