RE: datatyping is not needed

From: Saveen Reddy (Exchange) <saveenr@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 13:30:23 -0700
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org

I'll respond first to the UI issue. Alan, making UI easier, while a good
thing, isn't a fundamental scenario we have to address. If dropping
datatyping meant that it didn't make this easier, I could still sleep at
night.

As for the second part ... it doesn't seem like you guys disagree (and
you even point this out). Jim's position (please Jim clarify if I am
missing it) is that datatyping is not absolutely needed in the query
expression. Alan, your position seems to be that datatyping is needed in
query schema discovery. Do I have this correct?

Thanks,
Saveen