Discrepancy in normative XPath references (XPath 1 and 2)?

From: Elvis Stansvik <elvstone@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 12:55:38 +0200
To: www-voice@w3.org
Hi folks,

I only just heard about SCXML. I got interested and started reading the
spec.

In "B.3 The XPath Data Model", the section starts out by referencing XPath
1.0:

   "Implementations that support this data model must support [XPath 1.0]."

But then in "B.3.2 Conditional Expressions" goes on to require XPath 2.0:

    "The SCXML Processor must accept any XPath expression as
      a conditional expression and must convert it into its effective
      boolean value as described in section 2.4.3 of the [XPath 2.0]
      specification."

Could someone clarify? Should the first reference be to XPath 2.0 or is the
discrepancy intended?

Cheers,
Elvis Stansvik