SCXML: algorithm may "forget" to start invoke

From: DOLECEK Ales <Ales.DOLECEK@nextiraone.cz>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:42:50 +0100
To: <www-voice@w3.org>
Hello,

  I have found that algorithm for interpretation may end up in stable configuration including atomic state with invoke, that was not started. Take following fragment:

 <state id="S1">
  <invoke id="I"/>
  <transition event="restart" target="S1"/>
 </state>

S1 is in configuration and external service invoked by I is running. Now "restart" is delivered. S1 will exit and external service canceled. Then S1 will be re-entered, but external service won't start because configuration did not change as intermediate configurations are not considered by algorithm.

=> Algorithm should collect invocations to start and when reaching stable configuration filter out those which does not belong to active state and launch those which remain.

Aleš Doleček
Senior Consultant
NextiraOne Czech s.r.o.

email:	 ales.dolecek@nextiraone.cz