Re: April CCXML: test case conflicts with ECMA rules - ISSUE-677

Everyone,

I'm seeking clarification for why this is "reject". I discussed this
w/Dan Evans and he agrees that the test
needs to be changed because as written it requires an inefficient ECMA
embed model to be used. To
quote Dan:

"After some more study of JS 1.5 and 1.8, some more reading of ECMA-262,
and a lot of examples, I managed to correct my misunderstanding of the
handling of 'var' statements.  A 'var' statement, not inside a function,
anywhere in a compilation unit, results in a property definition on the
current scope object when the execution context is created (value
undefined), while the optional initializer is left behind at the point
of the 'var' statement, to be executed only if control flows through
that point.

I have always agreed with your desire for efficiency, so now I also
agree that the test should be changed.  I don't think the CCXML standard
intends to preclude what you want to do (if it does, it should make a
statement to that effect), and the test just exposes an unintended
consequence of breaking a Javascript pgm up into smaller compilation
units. "

Dan - the above was from your 5/25 email to me. Please chime in.

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Davis