Scalable Language API documentation

From: Kurt Fuqua <kurtfuqua@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:38:53 -0500
To: <www-voice@w3.org>, "Paolo Baggia" <paolo.baggia@loquendo.com>, "Kazuyuki Ashimura" <ashimura@w3.org>
Paolo,

The Scalable Language API documentation and headers can be found on
https://sourceforge.net/projects/slapi/ under the slapi project.

The section that I referenced can be found in the table of contents under
"Phonemes & Prosodics" subheading "Normalization Guidelines for Phoneme
Symbols" on pages 42-43.  The current release is version 5.0.  It has been
publically available for about 7 years.  It was originally hosted on
Motorola's website.  Since the documentation is licensed under the Creative
Commons license, it can be freely cited with attribution.  I don't know of
any other standard which is more thorough concerning the issue of the
disambiguation of phoneme symbols.  There is also a section on Lexicon
Certification which you may find interesting.

If you have any further questions, please contact me.

Kurt Fuqua
R106-3, R106-4