VoiceXML and event categories in DOM Events

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 03:07:58 +0100
To: www-voice@w3.org

Dear Voice Browser Working Group,

  I would like to propose the following change to the DOM Level 3 Events
specification and you to confirm that you see no problem with making the
change. http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-DOM-Level-3-Events-20060413/ has in
section 1.6.3 a VoiceXML example, and discusses in section 1.5.1 the
notion of event groups.

DOM Level 3 Events does not use event categories, it just points out the
possibility of extending the model thusly, citing VoiceXML as a possible
user. My understanding is that VoiceXML does not use the DOM Event model
and is unlikely to change anytime soon; citing VoiceXML as a user of the
DOM Event model is therefore misleading, and with no other user of event
categories, discussion of them not particularily helpful.

I would thus like to remove both sections without any replacement. Do
you see any problem with making this change?

Thanks,