Re: private rules

From: Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:16:05 +0300
To: "Petrova Anastasia" <Anastasia.Petrova@bercut.com>, www-voice@w3.org

Le Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:07:42 +0300, Petrova Anastasia
<Anastasia.Petrova@bercut.com> a écrit:

> But the SRGS tells:
> Both the XML Form and ABNF Form permit the grammar header to optionally
> declare a single rule to be the root rule of the grammar. The rule
> declared as the root rule must be defined within the scope of the
> grammar. The rule declared as the root rule may be scoped as either
> public or private.
>
> So it's not required to specify the root rule. And if I don't, which
> rules will work? Only public rules? Or none of the existing rules?

I have specified the root rule only for making it more clear.

If I am not mistaken, there's a method of picking the root rule. Given a
grammar document with only one public rule, then the root rule is the
public rule.

However, I am not completely certain of this. Maybe others can contribute
to the discussion.

Given my example grammar document I don't see it fit to match $numbers and
$people. It would be a complete chaos. I am certain that in my example
document $people and $numbers never match.

There's also another possibility: if no root rule is defined, all public
rules are used for matching utterances.

If anyone knows for sure please say, because I currently have no time to
check the specification.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future