[scxml] Flow Control Elements

From: Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-voice@w3.org

Hello guys,

I have been wondering how SCXML handles the case in
which being in an onentry handler the application
logic needs to fire a particular event.

The above can be achieved using control elements "if",
"elseif" and "else" together with "var" elements to
collect the information and so just apply the
transitions to specific states while evaluating those
"var".

However, I am trying to find an alternative that
allows scxml to generate an internal event that is
supposed to take priority over the current execution.
Ideally that functionality would allow just to stop
the "onentry" handler flow and just execute the
"transition" associated to the internal thrown event.

Having if, else, elseif approach forces testing the
rest of the conditions which can contain executable
code as well. Think about this as a mean of a "break
onentry", "return", or even "exception handler" kind
of behavior.

I think the "send" datamodel operation can be used for
this purpose and what is not clear to me which would
be the syntax for the particular usecase I have been
describing above.

Thanks!,
Nestor