RE: [scxml] custom actions

From: Barnett, James <James.Barnett@Aspect.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:57:50 -0400
To: "Nestor Urquiza" <nestoru@yahoo.com>, <www-voice@w3.org>

Nestor,
  Our plan is for the data model and executable content to be the
extension points for CCXML, so you would be free to build an
implementation in which
 <var name="connectionid" expr="ccxml:createcall(dest)"/> did what you
want it to do, but it will not be portable to other SCXML
implementations.

The data model is the least stable part of SCXML, but it is _highly_
unlikely that the core language definition will support a data model
where the expression "ccxml:createcall(dest)" evaluates to cause a call
to be created. <send> is intended to be core SCXML's portable way of
communicating with external services.

- Jim