Re: 111-15: VoiceXML 2.1: encoding of external scripts

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:17:26 +0100
To: "Matt Oshry" <matto@tellme.com>
Cc: <www-voice@w3.org>

* Matt Oshry wrote:
>The VBWG has decided to defer formal specification of the expected
>behavior to a future version of the specification. The purpose of
>VoiceXML 2.1 is to formally define a small set of features commonly used
>throughout the industry while maintaining complete backwards
>compatibility with VoiceXML 2.0. Clarification of 111-15 does not meet
>those criteria.

That's irrelevant since VoiceXML 2.1 inherits the problem from VoiceXML
2.0 which the Working Group is required to maintain. Why are there no
entries in <http://www.w3.org/2004/03/voicexml20-errata.html>? Is this
issue the first problem with VoiceXML 2.0 the Working Group has become
aware of? It seems VoiceXML 2.1 can only be implemented by ignoring
authoriative meta data, I don't think that's acceptable.