Grammar activation

From: harbhanu <harbhanu@huawei.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:31:39 +0530
To: www-voice@w3.org

I have one doubt regarding grammar processing for dialog in Vxml 2.0.

Say I have two document "root.vxml" (which is the root of my application)
and "leaf.vxml."

And my application starts with "leaf.vxml."

Now, if there is a document level grammar defined in a dialog of
"root.vxml", then will that grammar be active when I start executing the

First dialog of leaf.vxml ??

Since, no dialog from "root.vxml" is visited yet.so should that grammar be

Also, that grammar is defined as document level in a root document, so its
an application scoped grammar...and thus it must be active throughout the

root.vxml :-

<form id="id1">

<grammar scope="document" src=".."/>

<vxml. application="root.vxml".>

<form id="test">

Now, in case root is the first document visited in the application, then
that grammar specified in form 'Id1' will be active when I am executing in

But am not sure about the behavior in case leaf.vxml is visited first.

Waiting for comments .thanks in advance!!