From: <elna-anoncoj@yahoogroups.com>
To: <elna-anoncoj@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 5:36 AM
Subject: [elna-anoncoj] Digest Number 139

DonorsChoose.org helps at-risk students succeed. Fund a student project
today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LeSULA/FpQLAA/E2hLAA/tA4olB/TM

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. UNIKOM (UNIversala KOMunikado)
           From: Esperanto-ligo <elna@esperanto-usa.org>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:32:13 -0800
   From: Esperanto-ligo <elna@esperanto-usa.org>
Subject: UNIKOM (UNIversala KOMunikado)

I received the following message from ELNA member Bernard Stollman
today.

---

I am pleased to inform you that the automated language translation
software project initiated by ELNA member Mike Bondelid, 23 years ago,
has now progressed to the point where we are actively recruiting
Esperantist linguists from across the globe as we prepare to present a
demo to YAHOO! at their invitation. You are invited to visit our web
site, http://www.unikom.org , and to inform the ELNA membership of this
historical development in communication technology. Speech recognition
and voice synthesis are employed to enable people to speak their own
native languages and be understood by their correspondents in other
countries speaking one of the 77 languages that are contemplated for use
in this system. These languages are spoken by over 88% of the world
population. They are listed on our web site.

Esperanto will now receive global attention, as the key to our system is
the utilization of Esperanto as the basis for what has been called our
"syntax engine".

--
Don Harlow
     Direktoro, Centra Oficejo / Director, Central Office