CCXML Error Handling

From: Hrvoje Nezic <hrvoje.nezic@envox-lab.hr>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:22:39 +0100
To: <www-voice@w3.org>
My question is related to throwing of events like error.semantic and error.notallowed.
According to the specification, the error.semantic event

"is thrown when there is a semantic error in a CCXML element
(ie. passing an incorrect value for an attribute, etc.)."

If a CCXML element is not semantically correct, this usually means that execution
of the element doesn't make sense, so I suppose the element should not be interpreted at all.

However, execution of subsequent elements in the current <transition> probably also doesn't
make sense, so throwing of the error.semantic event would mean that execution of the current transition
is finished.

I think that the specification should specify whether the events like error.semantic and error.notallowed
should stop execution of the <transition>, or just execution of the current element, or they
don't stop anything at all.