Suggesting an additional attribute to <record> in VoiceXML

From: Tony Yat-Tung Cheung <tony@astri.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 13:00:35 +0800
To: www-voice@w3.org

Hi,

It is common for some voice mail services to limit the maximum recording
  interval. We already have the maxtime attribute for handling this.

However, it is also common that when the maximum interval is
approaching, most voice mail services will play a beep to alert the
recording user. Is there any way to do this with VoiceXML?

If it is not in the current standard, we might want to add an attribute
  for the <record> tag to specific the time to play an audio (such as a
beep) after the recording has begun for a certain amount of time.

We can actually go for a more generic solution, by adding a new element
that would allow some kind of asynchronous audio playback for some
synchronrous operation, such as recording.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Tony Cheung