RE: Question about using TTS via the prompt element in VXML

From: Tracy Boehrer <tboehrer@calltower.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:51:10 -0800
To: "Lutz Birkhahn" <lbirkhahn@adomo.com>, "Roopa Trivedi" <rotrived@cisco.com>, <www-voice@w3.org>
The SSML spec pretty much says that (section 2.2.1).  It even states what attributes to use.  But I don't think it's clear enough about the algorithm. In fact, it says "the voice selection algorithm may be processor specific."

I would think it needs to be ordered.  For example: language, gender, age, variant, name.  Or something like that.  Or, is the order the spec lists it the right way: language, name, variant, gender and age?

I don't know...