From: www-voice-request@w3.org [mailto:www-voice-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Tracy Boehrer
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 2:19 PM
To: Scott Mullen; www-voice@w3.org
Subject: RE: Question about using TTS via the prompt element in VXML

I suppose it all depends on your goals... Obviously, "TTSengine1",
whether specified using the "name" attribute, or a property, could be
radically different from platform to platform.  On Platform A, that
could mean "US English, Female", and on Platform B could mean "GB
English, Male, As-If-Speaking-Through-An-Empty-Paper-Towel-Tube, while
under the influence of helium".

But if your script is only ever going to run on Platform A, I think
either would work...  Yes?