RE: Your comment on SRGS spec: Metadata containing both " and ' in ABNF format

From: Wyss, Felix <FelixW@inin.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:47:15 -0500
To: "Max Froumentin" <mf@w3.org>
Cc: <www-voice@w3.org>

Hi Max,

I still consider it unfortunate that there is no provision to have ABNF
meta values containing both single and double quotes, as I believe the
mapping between the XML form and ABNF should be "lossless".  Having said
that, I agree that it might be confusing to add escapes (in particular
for tags) and thus accept the resolution.

Thanks,
Felix