how to take the text as input with out using grammar

From: B Ganesh Babu <ganeshb@cmcltd.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:16:08 +0530
To: <www-voice@w3.org>
Hi
    I don't know how to take the text as input with out using the grammar. if i tries to read it in the fallowing format

<field name="username">

It should not accepting for any input. My requirement is i want to give one text(string)  input. And that text is a dynamic text.

so please give the solution to my problem as early as possible.

Thank you

regards
ganesh