RE: Comments for WD-speech-grammar-20010103

Susan,

The changes you submitted in Jan'01 have now been applied to SRGS.
Thank you again for the detailed review.  I apologize that the comments
slipped through the procedural cracks and took so long to address.

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2001JanMar/0005.html

Please let us know within 2 weeks whether your comments were
satisfactorily addressed.  I will publish a W3C-member-only update
with these final changes within a week.  Let me know if you want to
review that document before responding and I will forward a pointer.

--Andrew Hunt
  Co-editor SRGS
  SpeechWorks

> Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 23:49:47 -0800
> To: www-voice@w3.org
> From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
> Subject: Comments for WD-speech-grammar-20010103
>
> Here are comments in response to your request for review of the
> "Speech Recognition Grammar Specification for the W3C Speech Interface
> Framework" Last Call Working Draft [1].
>
> The title "Speech Recognition Grammar Specification for the W3C Speech
> Interface Framework" is pretty long, and there is no other reference to
> the W3C Speech Interface Framework in the spec. What about making the
> title "Speech Recognition Grammar Version 1.0" or "Speech Recognition
> Grammar Specification Version 1.0"?

It is changed to "Speech Recognition Grammar Specification Version 1.0"

> There needs to be a References section, in place of links out of the
> running text to other documents and sites. Perhaps one is in the works?

Done with separate sections for Normative and Informatice refs.

> For example domains, example.com is used in some cases, others not.
> mygrammars.com is used in 2.2.2, 2.2.5, and 4.5, acme.com in 6.6, and
> sayplease.com in A. grammars.com in 2.2.2 is registered, and opened
> numerous unwanted windows when visited on 14 January 2001. W3C recommends
> using example.com, example.org, and example.net; please see RFC 2606
> section 3 at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt. If you need an
> evocative domain name, you could create a machine name, for example:
> grammars.example.org. Also, in 2.2.2, did you want the first domain in
> ABNF and XML to match?

Fixed.

> "#" is a "number sign" in Unicode. Variously, it is called a "fragment
> separator," "hash separator," and "pound" in this Working Draft. I would
> say "number sign (#)" globally except in the DTMF section where pound
> makes more sense. Please see http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0000.pdf.
> Some other characters are named below.

Changed terminology to reflect RFC2396 by refering to a fragment identifier
preceded by the number sign ('#').

> Especially to help the conformance section, and also to be clear, you
> could make RFC 2119 a normative reference and quote this part:
>        The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL
>        NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED",  "MAY", and
>        "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in
>        RFC 2119.
> Please see RFC 2119 at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt. If you don't
> wish to use this RFC, then these words probably need definitions.

Included in new Section 1.6 on terminology.

> Below, a section number is followed by a quote and then a suggestion.

All fixed or occurred in sections that have been removed from the spec.