RE: Web interface for VXML applications

From: Carlos Gonçalves <CarlosG@tranXactive.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:22:51 +0200
To: <www-voice@w3.org>
Hi Patrick

There are a few VoiceXML interpreters out there that use Microsoft SAPI for recognition and text-to-speech.
MS SAPI is ideal for the desktop/testing environment, because it is cheap and easy to setup.
Performance and scalability are obviously not as good as the bigger players (Nuance, SpeechWorks etc.)

Regards
Carlos