VoiceXML architecture question

From: Laurent Peliks <lpeliks@netcourrier.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 18:05:34 +0100 (MET)
To: www-voice@w3.org
Hello!

I'm new in VoiceXML and I try to understand the architecture of an environnement for vocal services running with VoiceXML.

Maybe, someone could answer to my questions?

What I understand is that it is the role of the implementation platform to play vocal messages. This vocal messages are loaded from a web server (maybe http server?) by the interpreter.
Is it correct?

So does it means that the implementation platform should have (/be linked to) a http client that contains a cache ?

Indeed, downloading audio files could take a lot of ressouces and so the user may hear silence.
Does VoiceXML forcast mecanisms for provisionning?

Thanks,

Laurent.

----- La messagerie itinérante sans abonnement NetCourrier -----
Web : www.netcourrier.com - Minitel : 3615 NETCOURRIER