Re: [Moderator Action] Form-Level Grammars

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Erol Akarsu wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am trying to understand voiceXML specification.
>
> In the spec., 6.5, Mixed initiative forms, It is mentioned "more
> than one field can be filled as a result of single user
> utterance when a forms has a form-level grammar". This will be
> achieved by user to speak more than one words, each matching to
> a form-level grammar or something else?
>
> Other problem I would understand the last phase of form
> interpreter algorithm FIA, Process phase. In this step, We
> assign each matched grammar value (slot value) to corresponding
> field item name (slot name), doing this in a loop
>
> foreach  (slot in the users' utterance ){
> }
>
> Can you clarify this loop? Is this related to multiple field
> filling, mentioned above?

When a grammar rule matches what the user said, the action
part of the rule is used to extract the meaning from the
utterance and to update the values in the form. The action
part of the rule names the form fields involved, and a given
grammar rule may set the values of more than one form field.

Regards,

tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 778 532 0444 (mobile)