Re: Warning message

On 3/2/19, Kirby Schroeder <schroeder.kirby@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also recently started seeing this warning on a file:
>
> Byte-Order Mark found in UTF-8 File.

I used to receive a warning about something like this a LONG time ago.
It turned out to be that the higher functioning word processors were
throwing a little extra something into my files. Whatever that extra
notation was, I accidentally stumbled across it one day at the top of
all of my affected files.

If that is what's causing the warning message in this case, you
*might* be able to see it by opening the file as a super basic text
file in the most basic of text editors, e.g. Notepad. The offending
"byte-order mark" *might* then become visible as a space holding
square that is the text editor's way of handling that byte of
something that it doesn't know how else to handle.

> The Unicode Byte-Order Mark (BOM) in UTF-8 encoded files is known to cause
> problems for some text editors and older browsers. You may want to consider
> avoiding its use until it is better supported.
>

> I would like to not have it show up, but I cannot tell what part of my file
> is generating it.  It is saved in UTF-8 format, but I don't know where the
> Byte-Order Mark is located and so am unable to address the warning.  Any
> help?

Best wishes in your search for answers.

Cindy :)
--