Re: Validator parses multiple browser contents as an error in X-UA-Compatible

On 10 Aug 2018, at 18:21, Carlos Mercado wrote:

> I believe the parsing of meta elements with hhtp-equiv attributes is
> incorrectly doing a strict parse for "IE=edge"

It is doing a strict match for that.

This is not incorrect. This is [required by the specification][1]

> instead of a parse for other forms of the edge browser, including the
> edge browser and other browsers.

Only Internet Explorer supports `X-UA-Compatible`. Edge does not. No
other browser does.

`IE=Edge` is the only reasonable value to give it when writing HTML 5.

The [Chrome Frame extension][2], for Internet Explorer, which recognised
`chrome=1` was discontinued over four years ago.

[1]:
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/dev/semantics.html#attr-meta-http-equiv-x-ua-compatible
[2]:
https://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/chrome-frame-getting-started