Validator parses multiple browser contents as an error in X-UA-Compatible

From: Carlos Mercado <CMercado@econometricainc.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 17:21:52 +0000
To: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
Hello,
I believe the parsing of meta elements with hhtp-equiv attributes is incorrectly doing a strict parse for "IE=edge" instead of a parse for other forms of the edge browser, including the edge browser and other browsers.
[cid:image001.png@01D430AD.43FFF3B0]
This was a single page validation of part of an online course (that is not yet online) and I noticed it is reading our Edge AND Chrome content as not including "edge"; but it clearly does include both. This could be due to the capitalization of Edge  or possible the addition of chrome?
Thank you!

NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were checking..

image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)