why are webmasters so brain-dead today?

From: Eric Richards <2eric.richards@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 10:03:24 +1200
To: www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi

(1)
This new website https://www.aucklandlibraries.govt.nz/ works great if one
is at a computer

But on my 320*192 pixel cell phone it is next to useless

I just put the same URL into w2c validator and got a massive 299 Errors, 49
warning(s)
https://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aucklandlibraries.govt.nz%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

But having said that, it could be as I have found, fix one error up and
most of the other errors &/or warnings could disappear.

(2)
Using the same cell phone there are too many websites that make a complaint
that my browser is too old and I am using the newest browser, I thought
that was what W3C was all about so you could go to any website with any
browser and it would world

(3)
We still have too many websites eating up too much expensive mobile data,
almost making cell phone use on the internet useless unless you have a
money tree growing nearby.