Re: Misidentification of language

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 23:00:46 +0200
To: Geoff Kendall | Bow House <geoff@bowhouse.co.uk>, www-validator@w3.org
24.11.2016, 12:34, Geoff Kendall | Bow House wrote:

> Hi, just to report that my document flagged a warning This document
> appears to be written in Welsh, but the html start tag has lang = en.
> Ill plead guilty to having a stray </div>, but the Welsh language is
> not associated with any part of my page or project. Ive attached the
> source here as a ..txt .

Please provide an example that actually demonstrates the problem.
Instead of a copy of an HTML document, a URL is preferable. If you post
a copy of the document, at least make sure it is a correct copy (the one
you sent has a question mark at the end of every line; besides, with the
question marks removed, it causes a few error messages to be issued, but
nothing about language).

(I tested with validator.w3.org. Validator.nu says 500 Internal Server
Error for this document, which is bad, but a different problem.)

Yucca