Re: Validator flags TH ABBR as obsolete but it's not listed as obsolete in HTML 5.0 Rec, 5.1 draft or WhatWG specs

> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 22:33:57 +0200
> From: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
>
> 2015-01-12, 20:52, Mark Rogers wrote:
> >(Seem to recall it being listed as obsolete in an HTML5 spec a
> >couple of years back)
>
> That is correct. In the October 2012 version, it was not described as
> conforming, and it eas explicitly listed as nonconforming:
> In the December 2012 version, this was taken back as regards the th
> element. This has been the situation since that. That is, abbr is valid
> for th, invalid for td (and any other element).

Thanks Jukka for checking into the background. I try to keep up with all
spec changes but sometimes miss one or two. So I'm very glad we've got a
community of people supporting the tool, and caring about it and paying a
lot of attention to the details. And within the community you stand out as
somebody who for many years has been a major asset to the work (including
before I ever got involved with it myself) -- in particular in helping
others on this list understand better how all this stuff works (and
explaining things better than I know I could).

  --Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike