Re: Tell me the solution, not just the problem

From: Rui del-Negro <rmn@dvd-hq.info>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 18:02:05 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
Cc: "Philip Tory at Authorgraphic" <p.tory@authorgraphic.co.uk>
> The Error message tells me something is wrong, but fails to suggest a
> solution.

Well, it can't guess which solution you want to use, so it tells you why
it's confused. The solution depends on what you were actually trying to do.

Assuming you want it to be parsed as HTML 4 transitional, replace the
doctype line with this:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

Note that case is important; don't change things that are in lowercase to
uppercase or vice versa.

More info here:

http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html

RMN