Re: Can I use your site safely to validate a private personal document?

From: Philip Taylor <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:54:01 +0000
To: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>, Toshiyuki Arai <t-arai@jp-cosmo.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

David Dorward wrote:
> On 24 Mar 2014, at 23:55, Toshiyuki Arai wrote:
>
>> Can I use your site safely to validate a private personal document?
>>
>> I would like to know that the content pasted on your web page of direct
>> validation mode
>> is remained to be undisclosed and secret without being known to others.
>
> The data will be sent to the validation service, so it comes down to how
> much you trust the people running the server.

Does it not also depend on whether or not you trust the network
over which the document will be carried ?  I am not in the least
paranoid, and security is very rarely a concern for me, but if
there were a document that I did not want to risk others seeing,
I would not risk sending it over insecure HTTP.

Philip Taylor