Re: Can I use your site safely to validate a private personal document?

From: 新井 <t-arai@jp-cosmo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 07:34:48 +0900
To: Philip Taylor <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Cc: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>, www-validator@w3.org, t-arai@jp-cosmo.com
> David Dorward wrote:
> > On 24 Mar 2014, at 23:55, Toshiyuki Arai wrote:
> >
> >> Can I use your site safely to validate a private personal document?
> >>
> >> I would like to know that the content pasted on your web page of direct
> >> validation mode
> >> is remained to be undisclosed and secret without being known to others.
> >
> > The data will be sent to the validation service, so it comes down to how
> > much you trust the people running the server.
>
> Does it not also depend on whether or not you trust the network
> over which the document will be carried ?  I am not in the least
> paranoid, and security is very rarely a concern for me, but if
> there were a document that I did not want to risk others seeing,
> I would not risk sending it over insecure HTTP.
>
> Philip Taylor

Thank you very much a helpful advice.

I would like to know what is the security or managment policy of the markup validation server and posted contents.
I guesss the posted data may be deleted immediately after validation processing on the validation server,
but may be remained something cache for the data for a while.

I think that the direct input mode of the markup validator is much better to use secure protocol https, for security.

コスモクリエーション(株)  新井 利幸
E-mail: t-arai@jp-cosmo.com
TEL   : 03-5943-2781
FAX   : 03-5943-2786