Re: HTML 5 conformance: table border obsolete?

2014-02-06 16:38, Guus Schreiber wrote:

> I know how to move it to CSS, that's not the issue. The point is: this
> bug in the validator creates a problem for us at a critical point in
> time. I simply want it repaired.

This bug is an inconvenience and causes confusion, but it should not be
a critical issue. After all, HTML5 validation as such means using
experimental software to check against mutable drafts (even to the
extent that it is not specified which HTML5 draft is being used). So
anything that passes validation in the morning may get flagged with
errors if validated after lunch.

If the problem disturbs routine validation processes, you can use
http://validator.w3.org/nu/
and the “Message filtering” feature, using checkboxes to specify that
some messages be not shown. It seems that such selections are stored in
cookies (on maybe HTML5 storage), so that they remain in effect until
changed – this is sometimes a problem, but can also be very useful. That
is, you need to uncheck the relevant checkbox just once (per computer
and browser).

Yucca