Re: [VE][106] Add Subject Here

Alejandro Olryd wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    When I validate my page it says that the attribute "Mulitple" for <input type="file"> is not valid for the DOCTYPE… however, i've read all the techno babble for W3C and IT IS SUPPORTED!!! So now i'm very confused as to what to do.
>
> Validating http://www.moneysolutions.com.mx/contacto.php
> Error [106]: "X is not a member of a group specified for any attribute"
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alejandro Olryd
>
> PS: i've already read through your FAQ, multiple blogs, and every other bit of information I can find… but no help what so ever.

But you did not read through the DTD :-)

If you do, you will see that "multiple" is a permitted attribute
of <select> but not of <input> :

<!ELEMENT input EMPTY>     <!-- form control -->
<!ATTLIST input
  %attrs;
  %focus;
  type        %InputType;    "text"
  name        CDATA          #IMPLIED
  value       CDATA          #IMPLIED
  checked     (checked)      #IMPLIED
  disabled    (disabled)     #IMPLIED
  readonly    (readonly)     #IMPLIED
  size        CDATA          #IMPLIED
  maxlength   %Number;       #IMPLIED
  src         %URI;          #IMPLIED
  alt         CDATA          #IMPLIED
  usemap      %URI;          #IMPLIED
  onselect    %Script;       #IMPLIED
  onchange    %Script;       #IMPLIED
  accept      %ContentTypes; #IMPLIED
  align       %ImgAlign;     #IMPLIED

<!ELEMENT select (optgroup|option)+>  <!-- option selector -->
<!ATTLIST select
  %attrs;
  name        CDATA          #IMPLIED
  size        %Number;       #IMPLIED