W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-validator@w3.org > March 2013

Re: Validation failing incorrectly on bad value for encoding name

From: Jaime Iniesta <jaimeiniesta@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 22:37:45 +0100
Message-ID: <CAKFFWV8sfu79doKDtDQ21KgQpLm017DhrY4GtdqqF-yxjsjgiQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: "Michael[tm] Smith" <mike@w3.org>
Cc: Stephen Dowsland <s.dowsland@gmail.com>, "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
2013/3/10 Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>

> Jaime Iniesta <jaimeiniesta@gmail.com>, 2013-03-10 00:41 +0100:
>
> > Hi, I've just installed validator.nu and I can confirm the same error
>
> OK, I've fixed it now.


Thanks Michael!

I've reinstalled it after your changes and I can confirm this has been
fixed. Thanks a lot!

On a related note, validating "http://twitter.com" makes the validator
crash (Java exception) and show a message "Oops. That was not supposed to
happen. A bug manifested itself in the application internals. Unable to
continue. Sorry. The admin was notified.". It's also failing (with a
different message) on validator.w3.org and validator.nu -- but I think
that's a harder issue.
Received on Sunday, 10 March 2013 21:38:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 10 March 2013 21:38:14 GMT