Re: Warning validating with HTML 4.01+RDFa 1.1

From: Philip Taylor <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 18:13:12 +0100
To: shane@aptest.com
CC: Andrea Urbini <andrea.urbini@unifi.it>, www-validator@w3.org, Andrea Urbini <urbini@unifi.it>

Shane McCarron wrote:

> The W3C working group responsible for that document removed that advice
> in the recommendation when it was published.  That DTD is not supported,
> and as far as I know is not up to date.  Sorry.

Oh.  That is rather disappointing.  One should not be pushed into
prematurely adopting a work-in-progress (HTML 5) simply in order
both to be able to use two fully-ratified standards (RDFa and
HTML 4.01).  Would it not be better to recommend XHTML+RDFa 1.1,
as specified at :

	http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/REC-xhtml-rdfa-20120607/

linked from :

	http://www.w3.org/standards/techs/html#w3c_all