Warning validating with HTML 4.01+RDFa 1.1

From: Andrea Urbini <andrea.urbini@unifi.it>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 17:01:54 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
Cc: urbini@unifi.it
Hi.
After inserting the Open Graph metatags in the website
www.sba.unifi.it, I'm testing the change of the DTD from "HTML 4.01
Transitional" to "HTML 4.01+RDFa 1.1". You can see it in action at
the address http://www.sba.unifi.it/?theme=sba2013.
Doing this the page is again valid, but I get the following warning:

-------------------
Unable to Determine Parse Mode!

The validator can process documents either as XML (for document types
such as XHTML, SVG, etc.) or SGML (for HTML 4.01 and prior versions).
For this document, the information available was not sufficient to
determine the parsing mode unambiguously, because:
    * the MIME Media Type (text/html) can be used for XML or SGML
document types
    * the Document Type (-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01+RDFa 1.1//EN) is not
in the validator's catalog
    * No XML declaration (e.g <?xml version="1.0"?>) could be found
at the beginning of the document.
    * No XML namespace (e.g <html
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">) could be found
at the root of the document.
As a default, the validator is falling back to SGML mode.

Can I ignore this warning and ufficially adopt the new DTD? Or should
I maintain "HTML 4.01 Transitional"?
Thanks
Andrea Urbini