HTML5 lang attribute problem

From: Mar When <pub1080fullhd@yahoo.in>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:09:26 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

I'm having a problem with HTML5-Validator (validator.w3.org)

I'm getting the following error when using lang="arz" (for egyptian arabic):
"Bad value arz for attribute lang on element html: The language subtag
arz is not a valid ISO language part of a language tag."

The language-Code "arz" is defined in ISO 639-3 and it's prefered to use
it according to RFC 5646
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5646#section-4.1.2). It's also used by
Wikipedia Masry (http://arz.wikipedia.org).

The test code I used:

<!DOCTYPE html>
     <head>
         <title>TEST</title>
     </head>

The problem is reproducible with the different validator's input methods
(by URI, by File Upload, by Direct Input) and with other language codes
like "yue" for cantonese chineese.

Thanks,
Mario