Re: Dublin Core

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:18:17 +0300
To: Julio Cesar Mantovan <mantovanjc@gmail.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
2013-04-20 5:06, Julio Cesar Mantovan wrote:

> I tried to validate a url containing dublin core and validator pointed
> out an error, the validator does not supportDB?
>
> example:

This is apparently about HTML5 validation.

For some reason, DC.Title has not been registered at
http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/MetaExtensions
which is what the validator uses to decide which meta names are allowed.

You should primarily check what the software that you expect to make
some actual use of the meta tag really recognizes. If it recognizes
DC.Title, keep using it; you can then ignore the error message, or maybe
submit a registration to the meta extensions page. You could cite
http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-html/
for a definition.

If it additionally, or instead, recognizes dcterms.title, use it; it has
been registered.

Yucca